This siren, which was located on the roof of the old Fire Station along Main Street in Hooversville Borough, was used by the fire department from the late 1920's until it was taken out of service in 1974 when Hooversville Borough replaced it with 3 new Federal Sirens, located at various locations in Hooversville Borough. It was donated to the Westwood Vol. Fire Dept. in Johnstown, PA in 1975, and still remains in service today doing alerting for Cambria County Station 30 at its current location along Plaza Drive below the old Westwood Plaza.
Back to Photo Archives